Occupational Health and Safety Policy
St. Lawrence Erectors seeks for every employee to consider health and safety as part of its organizational culture, work safely and believe that every incident is preventable. To achieve this goal, St. Lawrence Erectors is committed to:
- Provide adequate resources and qualified personnel to ensure ongoing compliance with this Policy;
- Provide and maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment for the health and safety of its employees, clients, sub-contractors and visitors;
- Maintain an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system appropriate to the nature and scale of risks;
- Identify OH&S hazards, assess risk level and implement the necessary actions to eliminate or control them as low as reasonably practicable;
- Maintain OH&S prevention programs adapted to each of its construction sites, in accordance with applicable legal requirements;
- Implement the necessary measures in the management of construction projects to ensure compliance with contractual responsibility and legal OH&S requirements;
- Continually improve its management system as well as its OH&S performance;
- Determine and review its OH&S objectives on an annual basis in order to achieve its zero target occupational injuries and illnesses;
- Inform, educate and motivate all those working for St. Lawrence Erectors regarding this Policy and their OH&S obligations;
- Review this policy on an annual basis, to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate to the Company.
We undertake to ensure full implementation of this policy, while recognizing that the success of our efforts depends on the involvement of everyone at all levels of the organization.